Experienced, Knowledgeable Representation In Employment Issues
Most of us place significant time, energy and resources into our careers. They are often nearly lifelong endeavors that come to define us and occupy a significant amount of mental energy. However, we all recognize the difficulty and fear associated with being terminated. If you have been terminated or have been denied employment opportunities unfairly, it may be due to illegal practices on behalf of your employer. In these instances, a qualified attorney can help review your circumstances and discuss your legal options.
At the Law Office of David F. Simons, we have represented individuals in Honolulu and across Hawaii in employment issues for decades, protecting the rights and interests of employees. In three decades of practicing law in Hawaii, Mr. Simons has had several multimillion-dollar successes when representing individuals before judges, juries, arbitrators, mediators and in settlement negotiations.
Thorough Knowledge Of Employment Law And How It Applies To You
We have assisted many individuals who have spent decades employed by a company, only to be phased out or wrongfully terminated. These practices are unfair, and often, illegal. In these instances, we strive to make sure you are properly compensated for your unfair treatment.
Our firm assists clients in various employment matters, including:
- Drafting and reviewing severance packages
- Determining the cause of and fighting against instances of wrongful termination
- Protecting employees against retaliatory tactics from their employers for engaging in lawful behavior
- Defending and protecting individuals who have suffered sexual harassment in the workplace
- Protecting the rights of individuals and whistleblowers who have sought to expose unlawful or illegal behavior or practices
- Advising workers on the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Sorting general issues with employment contracts, including drafting, reviewing and fighting for their enforcement
- Assisting doctors and nurses who are undergoing various employment issues, including wrongful termination
“Thank you so much for your work, brainpower and attention to my claim. Thanks to you everything is now as it should be.”
— CF, a professional denied disability coverage